COVID-19 INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
The Rebuilding Together Miami-Dade team is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19, actively consulting with national disaster relief organizations and federal and local health departments, and keeping up to date with CDC recommendations. If you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or serious long-term health problem, it is important you to take action to reduce risk of getting sick with the disease. Please shelter in place and only leave your home for critical supplies like groceries, prescriptions, and medical attention.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
The Food Assistance Program helps people with low-income buy healthy food. Administered through the Florida Department of Children & Families ACCESS Program. Click here to apply.
- Date: 8/19 – 9 am – 12 pm – 1818 NW 63rd Street, Miami, FL 33147 United States
- Date: 9/2 – 10 am – 1 pm – 777 Sharazad Boulevard, Opa-Locka, FL 33054 United States
- Date: 9/16 – 9 am – 12 pm – 1818 NW 63rd Street, Miami, FL 33147 United States
FEEDING SOUTH FLORIDA
Feeding South Florida is a nonprofit providing direct-service programs, including benefits application assistance, access to its food pantry and home delivery for qualified individuals. Those who require assistance can visit feedingsouthflorida.org/benefits-emergency-services to apply.
If you are a senior citizen in need of meals, please call the Miami-Dade County’s 311 Call Center. You will be connected to the Emergency Operations Center who can arrange delivery of meals and help with other services you may need.
FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
If you have children in school, all public schools in Miami-Dade County are providing breakfast and lunch for students in need. Schools will distribute meals between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. More information about free meals for kids and teens is available here: summerbreakspot.freshfromflorida.com. You may also dial 211 for more info.
- Albertsons — Delivery is free for your first online order of $30
- Farmbox Direct — Use coupon code PALEOMOM10 to get 30% off your first order.
- Farm Fresh — Completely customizable shipments of fruits & veggies. Use coupon code ORGANIC to get $15 off your first box.
- Full Circle — Farm-fresh produce to your doorstep. $15 off your first box with coupon code ORGANIC or get $10 off your first four boxes with coupon code ORG40.
- Target — Order groceries online and get it delivered for free. Uses Shipt (4 weeks free).
- Walmart — Walmart Grocery Delivery is free if you sign up for a 15-day trial of Delivery Unlimited.
Reemployment Assistance (formerly Unemployment Compensation) available if:
- You were quarantined by a medical professional or government agency
- You were laid off or sent home without pay for an extended period of time due to COVID-19
- You cannot work because you are caring for an immediate family member diagnosed with COVID-19
Call 211 for more information about the Reemployment services and application or check floridajobs.org/Reemployment-Assistance-Service-Center/reemployment-assistance/claimants/apply-for-benefits
Call 211 for help in connecting to various health and human resources available in Miami-Dade County including food banks, financial assistance and domestic violence hotlines. The 24-hour helpline provides information in English, Spanish and Creole.
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation Emergency Hotline — 305-576-6550 — for emergency counseling, financial aid, food, domestic abuse assistance, and other services
- Domestic Violence Hotline — 800-962-2873 — for help with counseling, treatment, intervention services, and temporary shelter
- Rape Hotline — 305-585-7273 — provides immediate telephone crisis intervention services to victims. For hearing or speech impaired, please contact Florida Relay at 1-800-955-8771, TTY
- Suicide Prevention /SAFENET — 305-358-4357 — provides support for people in distress as well as prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones.
- Department of Children and Families — 305-377-5773 — report suspected child abuse, neglect, or abandonment and reports of known or suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation of a vulnerable adult.
- Elder HelpLine (8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.) — 305-670-4357 — free resources and information regarding elder services and activities
Click here or call 866-779-6121 for the most updated list of available testing sites.
COMMUNITY HEALTH OF SOUTH FLORIDA
Patients must be experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath and have either a recent history of travel to an affected country or contact with someone who has contracted the novel coronavirus. Doris Ison Health Center, 10300 SW 216th St., Cutler Bay; 305-252-4820. Open weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon by appointment only.
LARKIN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL PALM SPRINGS CAMPUS
At this time, Larkin is prioritizing testing for first responders and healthcare providers. Testing is available by appointment only. 1475 W. 49th St., Hialeah; 305-830-0790.
HARD ROCK STADIUM
Patients must be symptomatic and older than age 65. Healthcare workers and first responders are also eligible. Appointments can be made by calling the county hotline at 305-499-8767. 347 Don Shula Drive, Miami Gardens. Open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Only seniors aged 65 and older who are experiencing symptoms can be tested. The senior may only have one other person in the car with them; that person will also be tested to check for potential spread. Appointments are required. 501 Marlins Way, Miami; 305-499-8767.
CLEVELAND CLINIC FLORIDA
Callers will be screened via phone by a nurse to determine if they are eligible for testing. Patients who meet the criteria will be given an appointment and have their temperature taken when they arrive at the drive-thru location. Patients who don’t have a fever will not be tested. Krupa Center, 3250 Meridian Pkwy., Weston; 954-659-5951. Open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by appointment only.
Patients must have a written prescription from a physician to be tested, then call Broward Health at 954-320-5730 for an appointment. Address to be disclosed when a caller makes an appointment.
NATIONAL GUARD AND MEMORIAL HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
Patients must be showing symptoms of COVID-19 and fall into one of three categories: healthcare workers and first responders, seniors aged 65 or older, and people who recently traveled abroad. C.B. Smith Park, 900 N. Flamingo Rd., Pembroke Pines. Open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
HELP & INFO
EDUCATION & ENTERTAINMENT RESOURCES
Audible.com – Free audiobooks for kids & teens during school closures
Cosmic Kids Yoga – Free online yoga lessons for young learners
Culture Shock Miami – Local arts & culture organizations offering free online experiences
US Department of Defense – Learn about careers in STEM fields
US Department of Education National Center for Education Statistics – Kids’ Zone with educational resources
US Environmental Protection Agency – Games, quizzes, and videos about the environment
GoNoodle – Free movement & mindfulness games and lesson plans for kids
KEXP – Stream live music events from the comfort and safety of home
The Library of Congress – Presentations and activities to help students learn about history
Miami-Dade County Public Schools – Up-to-date resources for distance learning and additional support
Little Kids Rock: Music Resources for School Closures – Lesson plans with and without instruments, games, technology tools and more.
NOAA – Use Real-Time Ocean Data to Explore the Environment
NPR – Virtual concerts, updated daily
Pineapple Street Studios “Stuck at Home” Podcast – Calling all kids! It’s easy to create and submit your own podcast
USGS – Learn from home about physical science, geography and maps
WLRN At-Home Learning – Free weekday public television programming aligned to Florida and Miami-Dade educational standards
CITY OF MIAMI UPDATES
As we learn more about the novel Coronavirus, City of Miami rules and regulations are being implemented daily to ensure the safety of residents during these unprecedented times.
To ensure you are up to date with City of Miami’s most recent COVID-19 news and alerts, click here.